Arts Administrative Assistant
City: Twin Cities, MN
Type: Temp Part Time
Position: BollyAdmin for MinneUtsav (Bollywood Performing Arts Festival)
Hours: 10-15 hours/week, with possibility for additional hours during the month of October
Application Deadline: August 5th
Start Month: August 2017
End Month: November 2017
The arts administrative assistant will provide support for the operational, logistical, and financial functions of the Artistic Director. The role is supported by strong partnerships with the artistic director, grant writer, outside bookkeeper, board treasurer, and board of directors.
- Maintain rehearsal schedules and maintain rehearsal calendar.
- Help with marketing materials - Printing postcards/posters, maintaining booth kit
- Meeting sponsorship requirements - social Media posts, printed materials, in kind donation
- First Responder for the festival - check and respond to emails
- Work with the volunteer staff and board to prepare annual and project budgets
- Work closely with bookkeeper on scheduling bills and payroll, and monitoring accounts in QB
- Update organization’s website
- Copywriter - Social media, newsletter, press release
- Costume Inventory management for our festival
Qualifications or requirements
- Knowledge of finances and budgets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Knowledge of Quickbooks (QB) is a plus
- Stage management and grant writing experience is a plus
How to apply
Email your resume and two recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org with BollyAdmin in your subject line.
Please note - This is a contract position. Candidate should be authorized to work in United States and should be able to provide a W9.